Monday, July 2, 2018

Gator Love

Hello everyone,

This is my Design Team card for the monthly
 Technique Challenge at 

Try Stampin' (or not) on Tuesday.


The challenge technique this month is paper tearing.   

I am also combining with this weeks sketch challenge here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday (see sketch below).

For my card, I started with a Bugaboo Stamp and I colored the cute little gator with colored pencils.  I used a Wink of Stella for the outer skin for some shine and shimmer.  For the underside of the tail and the belly, I covered with Glossy Accents. 


I use a Spellbinders postage stamp die to cut it and then trimmed it down smaller still. 


I covered the front panel with a green and white gingham from Recollections.  I then tore lime green cs to match the sketch on the angle. 


I framed the image with a darker shade of green cs.  The balloon was cut with Simon Says balloon die out of DCWV cs and adhered with dimensional tape to give it lift off of the card.  


The sentiment was stamped on green cs and gold embossing powder with a Stampendous stamp. 


All of this set on a green side fold cs base.


Here is the sketch for you:





I hope you have fun playing along with both challenges.








I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may please:

Crafty Hazlenut: Must use patterned paper
Crafting from the Heart: ATG #213
Creative Fingers: ATG #149
Outlawz: Celebrate
Sunny Day Crafting: Any Animal
Color Crazy: ATG



Thanks for stopping by ..... 


Happy Crafting !!!


Dawn

2 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunny Day Crafting.
I have a new scrapbooking challenge blog if you are also a scrapbooker. Would love you to link up your layouts! Bimini Moose Scrapbook Challenges
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Cards by Beckie said...

A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x