Monday, January 8, 2018

Special Flowers.




        Hello everyone ...

Here is my card for the first challenge of the year for TRY STAMPING (or NOT) ON TUESDAY.
Whoot whoot !!!
It is a combination card with the technique of the month which is Negative Space Coloring and the Sketch of the Week (which is pictured below).
I started with the three blocks of white card stock.  I stamped the small flower and then I did a mask on that flower.  I blended the three distressed dyes around the stamp and used a small detail brush to get into the small areas.  I used Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin and Squeezed Lemonade inks. I dried them well with my heat gun.
I then went back over the stamped image with Versa Mark Ink and red embossing powder and heat set that.  I set those over a slightly larger square to frame them out.
I found a piece of scrap in my bucket that coordinated from DCW.  Yellow with little tiny orange stars and set that behind the three blocks.
On the red cs I stamped the sentiment from Hampton Arts and white embossing powder and then glued the yellow strip to the red as well.  Attached all to a dark yellow cs base.
I dug out some of my large white acrylic dots that I made from melting pony beads to finish off the sketch.

Here is the sketch for you to follow along with the blog link to Try Stamping (or Not) on Tuesday.




You should give the technique and sketch a try ... it was fun!! I'd love to see what you come up with!








Have a great day and thanks for peeking.



I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may pretty please:
Creative Knockout - Celebrations
Cute Card Thursday - ATG
Freshly Made Sketches = Sketch
My Favorite Things = Sketch

Thank you again everyone for stopping by.....


Dawn



1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

I lcve the colors you used! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!