Monday, October 25, 2021

Halloween Pic Frame

 


This is a bit of a craft that I threw together for the holiday.  Its a picture frame that I can put my Grandbabies pic in costume.  The picture frame itself is from Michaels and it was like $1 if that.  I painted it black with Apple Barrel black.  From there is was a free for all.  I have a couple of pages of patterned paper from Jim Holtz Abandoned pad.   Then I broke out the Sizzix dies.  I used all of Thinlits Mixed Media  and a couple of insects from Thinlits Funky Insects.  I  have a few pieces - snippets from Jim Holtz Idea-Ology for Halloween.  I used crackle paste with Black Soot and Wilted Violet distress ink added   There is some texture paste as well.  There's Neuvo drops in various colors and a paper flower.  All held together with lots of Mod Podge.  Super fun and on my shelf waiting to be filled.

Happy Halloween Y'all ... my favorite holiday.


I would like to add this to the following challenges
A Place to Start - Hand Made
Crafty Hazelnut - Use Patt Paper - Abandoned from THoltz
Crafty Gals Corner -  Halloween Colors 
My TIme To Craft - Halloween 
Simon Says - Halloween 
Cut it Up - Trick or Treat 
Outlawz THurs - 6 or 8 legged insect
Lets Craft and Create - with wings. 


Wishing you a BOOOoootiful Holiday.  
Dawn 

10 comments:

Arlene said...

What a great idea and it turned out great. Beautifully done! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

Cheryl W said...

That's a fabulous frame! I loved reading about your process in making it, too. Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Wow, Dawn! That turned out amazing. I love the nighttime colors with the touches of muted orange. That moon in the corner is so beautiful. What a fun project! So creative.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Sheryl said...

This is a fabulous mixed media project Dawn.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Cazro said...

What a great idea, for those pics are a treasure to have. I love your frame, fabulous artwork, colours and textures. Thanks you, I am so pleased you entered into our challenge at MTTC, I wish you luck and look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT.

Treva said...

Wow, what a great idea, cute frame. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Halloween challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Cindy C. said...

Wow what a great project!! Thanks for linking up to our October challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

The Craft Princess said...

Oh I love decorated picture frames!!! Well done!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous frame! Your project is beautifully crafted! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Rae Ann said...

There is such great texture and dimension on this project. Looks like you had some grungy fun!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Halloween Colors challenge.