Thursday, February 1, 2018

A bit of Turquoise

Hello everyone.
  Through the Purple Haze is back up and running and I'm excited to be on the Design Team.  WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT!!

This month's challenge is
Anything Goes with Turquoise.  
For my card, I started with white cs and blended Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon from the bottom up.
With a piece of scrap, I blended Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean and then cut the butterfly using a Simon Says die.
From navy blue cs I cut out the mate filigree butterfly also by Simon Says. 
I then went to my ribbon draw and found this pretty grosgrain black and turquoise ribbon which I probably should have looked for first since now the topper butterfly clashed.  SO, with my black marker I went over the top butterfly to match the ribbon.
The sentiment was stamped on white card stock and trimmed and edged with Mermaid Lagoon.
All mounted on a turquoise cs top fold base.
A few sequins added about that were filled with clear glitter glossy accents made them pop.


Thanks for stopping by and I  hope that you'll join us with all this pretty blue fun.  This blue is my favorite color.

Crafty Sentiments: ATG
DieCut Diva: ATG
Cuttlebug Mania: Happy Birthday
Tuesday Throwdown: Favorite Color
Simon Says: ATG
Crafting By Design: Things with Wings
Tic Tac Toe: Sentiment//Free//Ribbon




Have an amazing day !!

HAPPY CRAFTING

Dawn

7 comments:

M DelValle said...

Great card and layout! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Gerda said...

What a very pretty card!! Love the gorgeous butterfly !! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Georgiana said...

Pretty. Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! It's so elegant and striking.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Rene said...

Love your card! The style, the colour and the butterfly, all things I really like! :)
Thanks for joining our Things with Wings Challenge at Crafting By Designs! - Rene DT

Peggy Noe said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Love the blending of the blues! And congratulations on being on the design team for Through the Purple Haze. Thank you for entering your card in this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

An'Jenic G. said...

Such a pretty card Dawn. I love the highlight on the bottom. Happy to be on the DT with ya. Hugs AJ