Saturday, July 10, 2021

Butterfly Fairy


 
This card drove me crazy ... everything I had envisioned for it ... just failed.  I lost count on the number of patterned papers I cut for it.    They just didn't work right.  I finally ditched the papers and went with stenciling ... I ended up with purple cs that I stenciled wilted violet distress oxide with a Tim Holtz sunburst stencil for the background. 
The image is from Lemon Shortbread and I used my Ohuhu markers on it.  
The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and I used SSS embossing ink and silver embossing powder and I cut it with a stitched banner die. 
I added lots of dots with clear neuvo drops all around her.  I love how the darker purple makes her pop.



I would like to add this card to the following card challenges if I may 
AUD - Fairy Magic - 278
Sweet Stamping - Hair Color
House that Stamps Built - Use a stencil. J721
Happy Little Stampers - Use a stencil.
Daisy Chain - Use a stencil/die
Color Crazy - ATG - wk27
Outlawz - Color Challenge



Thanks for stopping by and having a look-see

Wishing you a great day
Dawn

5 comments:

Heather said...

I know exactly what you mean!! Sometimes you just can't get a card to work, but I think your save turned out fabulous!! I love the deep, bold purple; it's a great background for this sweet image! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Chris said...

It turned out great in the end! That fabulous stencilled background is perfect, it really makes the bright colours of the little fairy pop! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Laurie Unger said...

I know what you mean - when things just don't go the way we envisioned them. Drives me nuts too. The use of the stencil turned out wonderful tho! Blessing in disguise on this one - it rocks. Thanks for playing over at THTSB.

Donna Walls said...

For all the trouble this card gave you, it was certainly worth it in the end. It's lovely! Thanks for entering your design in The Colour Crazy Challenges and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna

Vicki Dutcher said...

She looks great with the fun colored sun rays. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge