Sunday, February 11, 2018

rubber stamp

Last week .... Michael's had a stamp sale.  
All stamps 50% off.  
Who could resist??? NOT ME.
So, I head out at lunch to see what was in store ....
I got a couple of things.  A couple of Sizzix sets  and a couple of Hampton Arts rubber mounts. 
I was a happy camper ..... today I used one of the Hampton rubbers for the first time.
It was one that I am using as an inside sentiment. 
So I ink it up and stamp it on a piece of scrap just to see the impression and it is wonderful.
Stamped easy and clearly ... I was excited.
So I'm getting ready to stamp the inside of this card and something stopped me and said 
GET THE JIG
I really didn't need the jig since it's just going to sit in the middle ... an easy drop.
But I got the jig out.  I stamped the acetate and I look and think ... well I goofed that.  I wiped it off and stamped again and low and behold ... the stamp is crooked. 
Not enough to see when you look at the stamp ... but sure as rain ... crooked on paper.
So I tilt the jig in the center of the card and stamp away ... nice easy clean impression.
NOTE TO SELF
ALWAYS USE THE JIG
AND I am writing a note on the stamp too
USE THE JIG.  

No comments: