Monday, March 7, 2016

Birthday Time


               
 
              This is for a masculine birthday.  Started with Kraft cardstock as the base.  I then used white card stock and ran it through the cuttlebug using a 'gears' embossing folder.  I blended distressed inks over it using Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain.  I found a nice piece of matching paper from DCWV.  I cut a large gear out with my Circut and stamped the clock image (Tim Holtz) on that.  I then coated the entire gear after stamping with clear embossing powder to give it some texture and shine (which I have to say came out awesome)
On the one card I tied string and put the flag under the clock ... on the other I added a flag using a brass brad.






Here is a close up









I would like to add these to the following challenges if I may.

CASology : Spins (clock)




Try Stamping Tuesday: Sketch #260









Shopping our Stash:  White out.  No white paper
Seize the Birthday:  Anything Goes




Thank you very much!

7 comments:

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Dawn, you are right, this is a great masculine card. I love the whole clock and cog and gears feel to it. Very well done. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. xo Crystal

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the gears & texture on your card! Thanks for linking up to the CASology challenge this week!

Glenda J said...

Terrific masculine cards - love the theme. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Colleen said...

Fantastic masculine birthday theme...I always struggle with them, but you have hit on a fantastic design! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lori said...

Fantastic masculine card! I really like your take on our sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

Krafty Kaylin said...

Great masculine card. Love how to changed up the sketch a little and made it your own. Thanks for joining the challenge at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

This is such a cool masculine card, Dawn! I love it! Perfect colors and designer paper for the guys out there. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.