Monday, March 14, 2016

Home Sweet Home


   
   

    This card is for my good friend's daughter who has her very first place to call home and to display her Flamingos LOL.
         It was work for sure, since I started cutting incorrectly (I have multiple pieces of that bird at hand now) and then I couldn't find any yellow in my stash at all.  Luckily I found a small scrap piece in the scrap box large enough to cut the legs and beak.  The bird itself is 5 layers starting with the base of three because I wanted to pull it up from the card but I knew dimensional tape wouldn't work so I stacked the base.  I stamped the sentiment in Picked Raspberry Distressed Ink and heat set it with clear embossing powder.  I cut the circle and used the new acetate by Recollections with Flamingos printed on it.  Dropped in blue and white glitter and pink and purple sequins for the shake and then closed it with a lite pink backing.  This was all smooshed together with dimensional tape and then mounted onto a dark pink base.     Between the bird the multi layers of the shake and the base, I have 9 layers in all.
I would like to add this card to the following challenges if I may:
4 Crafty Chicks = use 7 layers
Just Us Girls =  Shaker Card JUGS323.
Dragonfly Dreams = Use a die cut.

(PS second time I'm putting those links in .... blogger troubles all week ... blaaaa)

6 comments:

Crafty Pearly said...

Love this design :) Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci xx

Ina G said...

How you constructed the flamingo is fabulous. Fabulous card and making a shaker card looks so good. Glad you shared with us at Just Us Girls this week. Thanks.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is really a standout card with the fabulous flamingo and then the addition of the shaker box - wow! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very awesome bird with the shakin going on! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Lori Turner said...

Oh, I love this shaker card! That flamingo is awesome ;) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Patti said...

What a great card for a Flamingo lover!! your friend's daughter is going to feel blessed!

Patti